Jobs / Catering Cook
Duluth Grill Catering Cooks work in a close knit team preparing a variety of foods. Dishes are prepared from scratch, portioned, and organized in batch quantities in accordance to our recipes. Cooks must juggle several items without comprising the quality of the product. Work efficiently and effectively with others in a fast paced work environment. Make and follow production sheets, clean and organize walk in coolers, and clean and sanitize work areas throughout the shift. Cooks must be able to read recipes and production sheets. Catering Cooks often travel off site and cook and prepare food in various facilities and kitchens.
- Prepares appropriate food, hot, cold, in a timely fashion.
- Is responsible for cleaning equipment and keeping work area in a sanitary condition.
- Operate various pieces of kitchen equipment as assigned, reports malfunctioning equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions and suggests possible solutions.
- Prepares food properly using recipes in order to produce a standard product.
- Weigh and measures ingredients, properly using recipes in order to produce a standard product.