Jobs / Host/Busser
Duluth Grill host-bus persons are the front line of customer service. A host-bus person will greet guests, escort them to seats, hand guests menus, and take drink orders when appropriate, serve beverages and assist in serving food. Host-bus persons are responsible for the flow of traffic by ensuring proper seating, clearing and resetting tables, general maintenance of the dining room, restrooms, lobby and outside grounds during a shift. Host-bus persons also interact with guests by being able to answer questions and relay guest’s needs to help coworkers in order to improve workflow and customer service satisfaction.
Host-bus persons are on their feet most of the time and carry food, dishes, glassware, beverages, and beverage trays and often time able to carry heavy trays weighing up to 30 pounds. During busy times host-bus persons work under pressure to serve guests quickly and efficiently, as well as assist coworkers simultaneously.
- Greet and seat guests, present menus, clear dishes, clean tables, reset tables
- Answer phone calls and relay messages to the appropriate recipient
- Stock service area with proper supplies according to standards.
- Is responsible for keeping work area in a sanitary condition according to restaurant specifications
- Clean and maintain restrooms according to restaurant specifications
- Reports unsafe conditions and suggests possible solutions.
- Refills customers coffee and waters