Red Flannel Hash
Why stick to boring old hash browns when you can make this colorful combo of sweet potatoes, beets, carrots, and more? Red Flannel Hash is extremely simple, easy and nutritious! Learn how to make it stop by step below! Meal Prep Tip: After baking and slicing, these can be wrapped individually and frozen.
- 10 cups diced sweet potatoes (around 4 lb.)
- 2 cups diced beets
- 1 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 2 cups diced green peppers
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Boil beets until tender, then drain and peel.
- Peel carrots and sweet potatoes. Dice all ingredients in 1-inch cubes.
- Toss all ingredients in large mixing bowl, spread on sheet pan and roast in oven at 450° for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yields about 10 cups.
Red flannel hash is a transformative dish that can be served with breakfast, lunch (how delicious would it be on a salad?!), or even accompany your dinner as a delicious roasted vegetable side dish. Not big on cooking, or don’t have the time? You can order directly from us! If you do decide to recreate this recipe, tag us on Facebook or Instagram, @duluthgrill. Looking for more recipes by us? Looking forward to seeing your recreations!